Wildcat Renovation is a full service concrete sawing and drilling company, which includes the removal and hauling of concrete debris from our work sites providing a turnkey package. Our professional staff has the equipment, experience and expertise to perform removals on any size project quickly and safely and with minimal impact to the remaining jobsite operations. If breaking is required, Wildcat Renovation has a full range of concrete demolition tools, to perform any impact demolition job, large or small.
Concrete Cutting / Core Drilling
Specializing in Commercial, Residential and Industrial
Wildcat Renovation is equipped for
any job, large or small.
Concrete cutting is a process of controlled sawing, drilling and removal of concrete performed by skilled operators using special saws with diamond impregnated blades. Unlike the old-fashioned dusty jack hammer method, modern concrete cutting leaves a smooth attractive finish and utilizes water so as not to create any dust or mess.
Concrete breaking is the controlled breaking of mass concrete structures, usually for the precision removal of concrete, which keeps the remaining structure intact and undamaged.
There are many different kinds of concrete cutting. Below are the most common:
Concrete wall sawing employs a circular blade on a track-mounted machine that can climb walls, cut ceilings and perform cuts between 8 inches and 36 inches thick. The track is attached to vertical walls, steep inclines or floors that will not permit the use of flat saws. Wall or track sawing is typically specified to cut precise dimensional door, vent and window openings. Straight as well as bevel cuts are possible with the wall saw. This procedure is highly skilled, requiring smooth, plumb and level openings. The diamond wall saw blade consists of a circular steel core with diamond segments attached to the periphery. The blade is mounted on the spindle of the wall saw. The spindle runs along the wall saw track that is typically bolted to the cutting surface. The power source for a wall saw system is either hydraulic, air or electric. Wall saw blades can range from 18 to 72 inches in diameter and can cut up to 36 inches in depth.
- Used to perform precision cuts in any concrete wall, slab or structure to a finished depth of 36 inches from one side
- Capable of delivering saw cuts that need to be made at specific angles or rakes, inverted sawing or sawing below water lines
- Preferred tool for saw cutting tilt up panels, poured concrete walls and slabs where a precision opening is required for installation of doors, windows, steel structural framing, etc.
- Uses include cutting openings in concrete foundations, lowering foundation elevation, and full wall removal
- Dustless, vibration-free and quiet
Handheld sawing techniques are generally used for smaller jobs where it is faster and more cost effective than using other cutting methods. Hand saws are highly portable and can access small, tight areas. Wildcat Renovation offers hydraulic, gas, and electric hand saws capable of cutting up to 24” depth from one side. Typical applications include:
- HVAC openings in brick and cinder block, beam pockets, and small opening in slabs and walls
- Vertical and horizontal surfaces
- Tight spaces where larger equipment cannot be utilized
- To cut small and irregular openings
The diamond chainsaw is used for precision cuts and penetrations through concrete where over-cuts are not allowed in the surrounding areas of concrete to remain. The chainsaw is a “plunge cut” saw that is capable of creating cuts as small as 5” at 1/4” wide with depths of up to 30”.
The chain saw is ideal for cutting MEP penetrations where over-cuts would either damage the integrity or destroy the aesthetics of the finished product.
Electric Sawing (fume free)
At Wildcat Renovation we pride ourselves on investing in cutting edge / fume free concrete sawing and drilling equipment. With Wildcat we have the ability to provide an extensive amount of fume free equipment, including electric slab sawing, electric hand sawing, electric chain sawing and even electric ring sawing. Benefits of electric concrete sawing include:
- Fume free (no air quality concerns)
- Noise reduction over traditional diesel-powered equipment
- Ability to bring in exterior power or wire into facilities main power source
- Extended reach capabilities over traditional hydraulic concrete cutting equipment
When your jobsite is located in highly sensitive areas such as hospitals, schools, assisted living facilities, food service preparation and other occupied spaces that require stringent air quality controls you need electric sawing equipment…..You Need Wildcat Renovation!
Electric Debris and Concrete Removal (fume free)
In addition to Wildcat’s extensive inventory of electric powered concrete cutting equipment, Wildcat carries an arsenal of electric powered demolition and debris removal equipment. With Wildcat we have everything from electric powered radio-controlled demolition robots to electric skid loaders and even battery powered debris buggies to help create an ease of operation while maintaining a fume free work environment.
Slab sawing, also known as flat sawing, is the preferred method for cutting horizontal flat concrete surfaces such as floors, bridge decks and pavement to depths up to 24″. These saws are typically powered by gasoline, diesel, electric or hydraulic engines. Compared to jack hammering, slab sawing is less time consuming, far less noisy and creates less stress to structural areas. Uses include:
- Penetrations or openings in concrete floors to access and repair a broken water pipe or sewer line.
- Fast, clean and efficient removal of bridge decks, airport runways, tarmacs, roadway sections or patches, etc.
- To create new machine foundations, highway patching, plumbing trenches, stairwells, elevator openings, expansion joints and decorative cuttings.
Diamond Core Drilling techniques are used when a precise circular penetration is needed. Holes up to 60″ in diameter can be drilled to virtually any depth. Coring can be done in slabs or walls and on any angle and even upside down. This system is dust free and has relatively low noise output. Electric or hydraulic drilling rigs can be utilized for drilling in sensitive locations or confined spaces.
Wildcat Renovation is capable of drilling holes from 1/2” in diameter up to 60” in diameter. Our large inventory of continental tubing allows for virtually limitless depth of coring. The drill bits consist of a steel tube with diamond segments on the drilling end. These bits are mounted on rotating shafts that are powered by electricity or hydraulics. Common uses include:
- Taking concrete samples and analysis of rocks and other strata.
- To create openings for pipes, electrical wires, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning vents.
- To create openings for fiber-optics, telephone lines and computer lines.
The wire saw allows for concrete cutting and removal at any depth, configuration and when other conventional cutting methods are not possible. The wire saw uses a series of guide pulleys to draw a continuous loop of diamond impregnated wire through concrete. This system is quite flexible in the field and can be arranged to accommodate limited access or confined areas while cutting vertically, horizontally or on an angle. The design of the wire saw allows for penetrations of any dimension and virtually limitless depth both above and below water. The wire saws unique cutting medium allows it to perform scopes of work that traditional sawing and drilling equipment cannot. No concrete structure is too large to cut with a wire saw. Faster cutting times and low noise output make wire sawing a perfect solution when conventional cutting methods are impractical.
Diamond wire sawing is the preferred method for:
- Saw cutting very large, thick sections of concrete such as those found in bascule piers, dams and power or manufacturing plants.
- To sever very large diameter RCP and ductile iron pipe.
- Simplest and most efficient way to remove large concrete structures or to make holes in thick walls.
- Cost effective for cutting large sections of heavily reinforced concrete such as bridge sections, machine bases and piers.
Naples, Marco Island, Bonita Springs, Estero, Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte, Tampa
Counties: Lee, Collier, Hendry, Glades, Charlotte, Highlands, DeSoto, Hardee, Sarasota, Manatee, Monroe, Hillsborough
and other counties throughout all of Florida